What is a USDOT number?

By |2017-05-19T11:47:20-07:00October 20th, 2013|Blog|

Any company that operates commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number. The USDOT Number serves as [...]